It's good to be back!Learn more
Why Our Pub is Great
There are loads of reasons why we think our pub is great, you can join us for a get together with friends, a family meal out or a relaxing cup of tea. We offer a superb menu with something for everyone to enjoy, most of our meals can also be personalised by adding extras, swapping elements and choosing exactly what you want to make your meal spectacular. We also have a menu specifically designed for children, as a family friendly pub we welcome children to visit and share the experience! At The Newton Grange children can choose exactly what’s in their meal using our treasure map themed children’s menu and they can also personalise their drinks using our syrup station. But that’s not just for kids, we have a great selection of drinks available from proper pints of handcrafted and cask ales to cheeky cocktails and refreshing wine, you can visit our syrup station and personalise any drink you like! We recommend adding syrup to one of our full bodied coffee’s-trust us you won’t regret it.
Whether you’re catching up with mates or having a family meal out we offer something for everyone and our outdoor kids play area is always a big hit. We’re open from 11am, drop in to say hello and enjoy everything we have to offer at The Newton Grange in Durham.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit our pub, that’s why we make sure all of our food is up to scratch, delicious and how it should be. We’re continually innovating to bring you the best new tastes and dishes, but don’t worry we aim to strike the perfect balance between traditional and new food and ensure your pub favourites are always available and tasting great.
It’s critical to us that everything that goes into our food is produced and sourced ethically, whilst also being socially and environmentally sustainable. We’re continuing to refine and make changes to our ingredients to bring you the best we can.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.